italiano
english
info
info
contact
Morese Palace is one of the most important building of the historical centre of Salerno, near the Cathedral. Built in the fifteenth century, the Palace that has an important court with a catalan lodge, is situated in the ancient "Largo Cassavecchia", originally deriving from Longobard culture. The Palace that gave ospitally to Papa Gregorio VII, in the eighteenth century was restructured, changing the principal side in baroque style. Most of the rooms of the Palace were insipired from "rococò" style, clear influence of the architecture of Ferdinando San Felice. After the structural damages caused from the world war II in 1943 and the earthquake in 1980, the Palace was restructured in 1960 and sub-sequently in 1990. At the present moment, Morese Palace is divided in beautiful private residences.